Accurately interpret cardiac ultrasound images and effectively manage the patient with this comprehensive atlas and text
Color Atlas & Synopsis of Echocardiography provides you with an encyclopedic, case-based overview of this essential imaging modality. Featuring more than 500 of state-of-the-art cardiac ultrasound images, this unmatched resource examines both the optimal use and limitations of echocardiography in a variety of clinical situations, with an emphasis on the very latest techniques.
Unlike traditional echocardiography texts, this Atlas is focused on the role of echocardiography in patient diagnosis and management, as well as in reviewing the indications, contraindications, and interpretation of echocardiographic images. Authored by expert contributors, each topic begins with a clinical case presentation (patient story) and also includes evidence ratings from the combined ACC/AHA/ASE guidelines and full references.
- Echocardiographic methods used in everyday practice for the diagnosis and management of cardiac patients, from Transthoracic, Transesophageal and Stress Echocardiography to Hand-Carried Ultrasound (HCU)
- The role of echocardiography in the diagnosis and management of patients with known or suspected coronary artery disease
- The importance of echocardiography, including Doppler echo, as a method to assess patients with valvular heart disease
- Echocardiographic assessment of the patient with new onset dyspnea, known or suspected heart failure, and a range of cardiomyopathies
- The use of echo in pericardial disease
- Various diseases of the aorta
- The use of echocardiography in the patient with a stroke or TIA
- Echocardiographic evaluation of intracardiac masses
- The role of echocardiography in managing patients with atrial dysrhythmias
- The expanding role of echocardiography in guiding interventional procedures
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
No matter which type of course you purchase, (complete course, download test, fax or online) you can take your test through our on-line testing site.
If you order any of the "Test Only" options, it DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BOOK.
23.25 ASRT Category A Credits
California Accepted: No
California X-ray Supervisor/Operator: No
Texas: Indirect Credit
Florida: Technical Credit
Florida Provider #3200618
Accepted by NMTCBAccepted by ARDMS
Registered Nurse: Approved for 23.25 Contact Hours
All of our courses are accepted by the State Nursing Boards, except for the following states:
Delaware, Georgia, Minnesota and Utah
Our Nursing provider number is: California Nurse Provider #CEP13196
On completion of this course the participant should be able to:
1. List at least different types of echocardiography.
2. Name at two additional diagnostic procedures that can be ordered when a patient presents with aortic stenosis.
3. List three common causes of acute aortic regurgitation.
4. Name at least four constitutional symptoms of endocarditis.
5. List the seven phenotypic classifications of cardiomyopathy.
6. In patients being considered for cardiac transplantation name at lease three criteria that a patient must meet.
7. Explain the type of cardiac remodeling that can occur in people who participate in endurance sports.
8. List at least four clinical features of acute aortic dissection.
9. Explain the recommended guidelines for the use of anticoagulants in patients older than 60 years with atrial fibrillation.
10. Name five interventional procedures that use transesophageal echocardiography as an aid.
This test is a multiple choice, open book test and contains 80 questions.
This is a hard cover book and has 13 chapters and 308 pages.
When you order a complete course, you will receive a text book, question booklet and answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by mail in 3-5 business days.
When you order a test only for mailing, you will receive a test booklet and an answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by Fedex within the timeframe for the shipping option you chose. Please note that if you order the test only option you will NOT receive a course book.
When you order an Ebook, you will log in to your account profile and download the Ebook, test booklet and answer sheet. For further instruction, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to choose the download test option, you will log in to your account profile and download the test booklet and answer sheet. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you plan to take the test online, please be sure you have the course book, as the online testing option does not include the course book. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to have this test faxed to you, please be sure that you have the textbook and question booklet. You will receive your test the same day.
If you have any questions, please call our customer service department at 877-775-4243.