Recent research has demonstrated important sex differences in the pathophysiology and clinical presentation of cardiovascular disease in women. There are important risk factors for cardiovascular disease in women that differ from men, and risk assessment tools that should be routinely incorporated into clinical practice by cardiologists treating women. Color Atlas and Synopsis of Women's Cardiovascular Health covers all of these topics and also provides concise, expert guidance on the diagnosis and management of the female cardiac patient.
Enriched by more than 100 photographs (many in full color) and nearly 100 line drawings, Color Atlas and Synopsis of Women's Cardiovascular Health addresses many important issues related to women's cardiovascular health.
With contributions from more than a dozen expert authors, Color Atlas and Synopsis of Women's Cardiovascular Health is destined to become a landmark reference on the issues of cardiac disease in women.
- Defining patterns of ischemic heart disease
- Cardiac surgery
- Noninvasive imaging as a tool for accurate diagnosis of cardiovascular disease in women
- Sex-specific issues in cardiac surgery
- Unique cardiac issues related to women with pulmonary hypertension
- Cardiac issues that can arise during pregnancy
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
No matter which type of course you purchase, (complete course, download test, fax or online) you can take your test through our on-line testing site.
If you order any of the "Test Only" options, it DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BOOK.
10.75 ASRT Category A CreditsCalifornia Accepted: Yes
California fluoroscopy permit requirement accepted: No
California Digital requirement accepted: No
California X-ray Supervisor/Operator: Yes
Texas: Indirect Credit
Florida: Technical Credit
Florida Provider #3200618
Accepted by NMTCBAccepted by ARDMS
Registered Nurse: Approved for 10.75 Contact Hours
All of our courses are accepted by the State Nursing Boards, except for the following states:
Delaware, Georgia, Minnesota and Utah
Our Nursing provider number is: California Nurse Provider #CEP13196
On completion of this course the participant should be able to:
1. Name the most common type of test to detect cardiovascular heart disease (CVD).
2. List three risk factors for CVD.
3. Explain the risk factors that can occur in children of preeclampsia mothers.
4. Name three lifestyle changes that can lessen the risk of heart disease in women.
5. List two symptoms of ischemic heart disease which are different in women.
6. Explain the difference in surgery technique between women and men when performing a coronary artery bypass graft.
7. Name four clinical features of ischemic heart disease.
8. List four goals of cardiac rehabilitation.
9. Explain the key physiologic changes that occur during pregnancy that accommodate the increasing metabolic demands of the mother and fetus.
10. Discuss why pregnancy poses a great risk post-partum for women with pulmonary arterial hypertension.
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
Purchase your course and use the test key provided to take your test online. There is no extra charge for online testing and you will get immediate results. You can start and stop your test at anytime so you can work at your own pace. Your test key is found on your receipt, under the description of your purchase.
This test is a multiple choice, open book test and contains 120 questions.
This is a hard cover book and has 12 chapters and 153 pages.
When you order a complete course, you will receive a text book, question booklet and answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by mail in 3-5 business days.
When you order a test only for mailing, you will receive a test booklet and an answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by Fedex within the timeframe for the shipping option you chose. Please note that if you order the test only option you will NOT receive a course book.
When you order an Ebook, you will log in to your account profile and download the Ebook, test booklet and answer sheet. For further instruction, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to choose the download test option, you will log in to your account profile and download the test booklet and answer sheet. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you plan to take the test online, please be sure you have the course book, as the online testing option does not include the course book. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to have this test faxed to you, please be sure that you have the textbook and question booklet. You will receive your test the same day.
If you have any questions, please call our customer service department at 877-775-4243.