18.75 AART CreditsCredit Type: Category A
California Accepted: No
California X-ray Supervisor/Operator: No
California fluoroscopy permit requirement accepted: No
California Digital requirement accepted: No
Texas: Direct Credit
Florida: Technical Credit
Florida Provider #3200618Accepted by ARRT
Accepted by NMTCBAccepted by ARDMS
Registered Nurse: Approved for 18.75 Contact Hours
All of our courses are accepted by the State Nursing Boards, except for the following states:
Delaware, Georgia, Minnesota and Utah
Our Nursing provider number is: California Nurse Provider #CEP13196
Bedside Ultrasonography in Clinical Medicine offers the first all-inclusive, yet concise review of the optimal use and interpretation of ultrasonographic images in everyday practice. With this how-to guide, you'll learn how to systematically apply diagnostic ultrasound as part of an augmented physical examination in an array of therapeutic areas, from obstetrics and cardiology to emergency medicine.
The book begins with a high-yield overview of the basic principles and physics of ultrasound, while subsequent chapters cover its use in evaluating the organs of the head and neck; the chest, abdomen, and pelvis; and the limbs and musculoskeletal system. A final section considers the integration of portable ultrasound into the medical school curriculum--as well as graduate medical education--and charts the dynamic future of beside ultrasound as a diagnostic and screening tool.
- A pioneering, top-to-bottom examination of all the major technical concepts that physicians must know to use ultrasound in everyday clinical practice
- Valuable coverage of clinical algorithms and how to incorporate them into the clinical decision-making process, the formulation of differential diagnosis, and therapeutic recommendations
- Special section on ultrasound guidance in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, cardiac life support, common procedures, and the pediatric patient
- DVD-ROM filled with images, algorithms, animations, and how-to-videos that illustrate the ultrasonographic appearance of normal and abnormal anatomic structures and function
- A color insert that depicts the use of color in ultrasound images
- An A-to-Z glossary of technical and clinical terms in ultrasonography
- An Appendix of Clinical Ultrasound Algorithms that teaches how to incorporate diagnostic ultrasound into the clinical decision-making process
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
No matter which type of course you purchase, (complete course, download test, fax or online) you can take your test through our on-line testing site.
If you order any of the "Test Only" options, it DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BOOK.
This course contains the following topics:
1. Name two types of ultrasound transducers.
2. List at least three common pitfalls when scanning the sinus.
3. Describe the various zones of breast anatomy.
4. List at least five items which are needed in a stress test examination room.
5. Define the acronym FAST.
6. List two types of ovarian cysts.
7. Name at least five safety guidelines to follow when using ultrasound during pregnancy.
8. Describe four common findings on an ultrasound of the bladder.
9. Describe the acronym FEEL and how it is used in Echocardiographic life support.
10. List at least four factors that will determine the evolution of bedside ultrasound.
This test is a multiple choice, open book test and contains 120 questions.
This is a hard cover book and has 21 chapters and 280 pages.
When you order a complete course, you will receive a text book, question booklet and answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by mail in 3-5 business days.
When you order a test only for mailing, you will receive a test booklet and an answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by Fedex within the timeframe for the shipping option you chose. Please note that if you order the test only option you will NOT receive a course book.
When you order an Ebook, you will log in to your account profile and download the Ebook, test booklet and answer sheet. For further instruction, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to choose the download test option, you will log in to your account profile and download the test booklet and answer sheet. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you plan to take the test online, please be sure you have the course book, as the online testing option does not include the course book. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to have this test faxed to you, please be sure that you have the textbook and question booklet. You will receive your test the same day.
If you have any questions, please call our customer service department at 877-775-4243.