Presented in the easy-to-use CURRENT format, this book covers all the major disease entities and therapeutic challenges in cardiology. Concise, yet comprehensive, it is perfect for board review as well as for all aspects of heart disease care.
- Covers every important management issue in cardiology
- Includes special topics such as heart disease in pregnancy and the athlete's heart
- Consistent chapter template that includes diagnostic techniques, prevention strategies, treatment, and prognosis
- All chapters written by experts in the field
- 180+ illustrations, including ECGs, imaging examples, drawings, tables, and charts
- Reflects the most current guidelines in patient care
- Updated throughout, including the latest drug information
- NEW chapter: Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction
- Emphasis on must-know information makes it perfect for board review
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
No matter which type of course you purchase, (complete course, download test, fax or online) you can take your test through our on-line testing site.
If you order any of the "Test Only" options, it DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BOOK.
If you are renewing an NMTCB license in CT, please call our office for instructions on how to renew.38.75 ASRT Category A Credits
California Accepted: No
California X-ray Supervisor/Operator: No
California fluoroscopy permit requirement accepted: No
California Digital requirement accepted: No
Texas: Indirect Credit
Florida: Technical Credit
Florida Provider #3200618
Accepted by NMTCBAccepted by ARDMS
Registered Nurse: Approved for 38.75 Contact Hours
All of our courses are accepted by the State Nursing Boards, except for the following states:
Delaware, Georgia, Minnesota and Utah
Our Nursing provider number is: California Nurse Provider #CEP13196
This course contains the following topics:
1. List at least 4 common symptoms of ischemic heart disease.
2. Name 3 types of vasodilator drugs.
3. List at least 3 imaging modalities used to diagnose aortic stenosis.
4. Name 4 nonpharmacologic therapies used to treat systemic hypertension.
5. Describe 3 cardiac arrhythmias that precipitate congestive heart failure.
6. Name the 2 basic components of an implantable cardioverter defibrillator.
7. Name 2 imaging modalities used to diagnose pulmonary hypertension.
8. List at least 6 risk factors for bleeding when using anticoagulants.
9. Name at least 5 types of benign cardiac tumors.
10. List 4 normal diagnostic test findings in pregnancy using electrocardiogram.
This test is a multiple choice, open book test and contains 120 questions.
This is a hard cover book and has 36 chapters and 544 pages. This course is Part One of a larger book. In this part you are only tested on the first eighteen chapters.
When you order a complete course, you will receive a text book, question booklet and answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by mail in 3-5 business days.
When you order a test only for mailing, you will receive a test booklet and an answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by Fedex within the timeframe for the shipping option you chose. Please note that if you order the test only option you will NOT receive a course book.
When you order an Ebook, you will log in to your account profile and download the Ebook, test booklet and answer sheet. For further instruction, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to choose the download test option, you will log in to your account profile and download the test booklet and answer sheet. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you plan to take the test online, please be sure you have the course book, as the online testing option does not include the course book. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to have this test faxed to you, please be sure that you have the textbook and question booklet. You will receive your test the same day.
If you have any questions, please call our customer service department at 877-775-4243.