The goal of this unique review is to give you a working understanding of the key concepts of cardiovascular physiology. Concise but thorough, Cardiovascular Physiology focuses on the facts you need to get a solid big picture overview of how the cardiovascular system operates under normal and abnormal situations. There is no faster or more effective way to learn how the key principles of cardiovascular function apply to common physiological and pathological challenges than this engagingly-written guide.
- Clarifies the details of physiologic mechanisms and their role in pathologic states
- Links cardiovascular physiology to diagnosis and treatment
- Summarizes key concepts at the end of each chapter
- Highlights must-know information with chapter objectives
- Provides the perfect quick review for the USMLE Step 1
- Reinforces learning with study questions at the end of each chapter
- Keeps you up to date on the latest research and developments in this ever-changing field
The content you need to gain a thorough understanding of this essential subject:
Overview of the Cardiovascular System, Characteristics of Cardiac Muscle Cells, The Heart Pump, Measurement of Cardiac Function, Cardiac Abnormalities, The Peripheral Vascular System, Vascular Control, Central Venous Pressure: An Indicator of Circulatory Hemodynamics, Regulation of Arterial Pressure, Cardiovascular Response to Physiological Stresses, Cardiovascular Function in Pathological Situations.
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
No matter which type of course you purchase, (complete course, download test, fax or online) you can take your test through our on-line testing site.
If you order any of the "Test Only" options, it DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BOOK.
15.25 ASRT Category A+ Credits
California Accepted: No
California X-ray Supervisor/Operator: NoCalifornia fluoroscopy permit requirement accepted: NoCalifornia Digital requirement accepted: No
Florida: Technical Credit
Florida Provider #3200618
Accepted by NMTCBRegistered Nurse: Approved for 15.25 Contact Hours
All of our courses are accepted by the State Nursing Boards, except for the following states:
Delaware, Georgia, Minnesota and Utah
Our Nursing provider number is: California Nurse Provider #CEP13196
On completion of this course the participant should be able to:
1. List five factors that are essential to proper ventricular pumping action.
2. Describe how membrane potential reflects a membrane’s relative permeability to various ions.
3. Identify the factors that influence myocardial oxygen consumption.
4. Define the Fick Principle.
5. Describe the difference between peripheral venous pool and central venous pool.
6. List four characteristics of vascular smooth muscle cells.
7. Describe the significance of very high central venous pressure.
8. Define the arterial baroreceptor reflex and list it’s importance in the regulation of arterial pressure.
9. List three body responses to long term bed rest and describe how to diminish these responses.
10. Define circulatory shock.
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
Purchase your course and use the test key provided to take your test online. There is no extra charge for online testing and you will get immediate results. You can start and stop your test at any time so you can work at your own pace. Your test key is found on your receipt, under the description of your purchase.
This test is a multiple choice, open book test and contains 120 questions.
This is a soft cover book and has 11 chapters and 223 pages.
When you order a complete course, you will receive a text book, question booklet and answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by mail in 3-5 business days.
When you order a test only for mailing, you will receive a test booklet and an answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by mail in 3-5 business days.
If you would like to download the test, please choose the download test option. You can then sign in to your account and download the test booklet and answer sheet.
If you plan to take the test online, please be sure you have the course book, as the online testing option does not include the course book.
If you would like to have this test faxed to you, please be sure that you have the textbook and question booklet. You will receive your test the same day. With a passing grade of 75%, your certificate will usually be mailed the next business day. If you fax your answer sheet, your certificate is usually faxed to you the same day. If you do not pass the first time, we will send you another answer sheet at no cost for you to try again. You will have three chances to pass, at no additional cost to you. However, it is very rare for someone to fail a test.
If you have any questions, please call our customer service department at 877-775-4243.