Everything you need to know about caring for patients—in one portable "must have" handbook!
Clear, but comprehensive discussions of pathophysiology, with rationales in the medications and laboratory sections, explains the scientific basis for the nursing care.
Thoroughly revised and updated throughout, the 5th Edition incorporates the latest scientific advances and the practice of nursing today.
If you are interested in other courses on the topic of human disease, we also offer Diseases of the Human Body. For a course on this topic geared towards radiologist assistants, Pathophysiology of Disease Part 1 and Part 2 are available.
No matter which type of course you purchase, (complete course, download test, fax or online) you can take your test through our on-line testing site.
If you order any of the "Test Only" options, it DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BOOK.
59.5 ASRT Category A+ Credits
California Accepted: No
California X-ray Supervisor/Operator: No
Texas: Indirect Credit
Florida: Technical Credit
Florida Provider #3200618
Accepted by NMTCBAccepted by ARDMS
Registered Nurse: Approved for 59.5 Contact Hours
All of our courses are accepted by the State Nursing Boards, except for the following states:
Delaware, Georgia, Minnesota and Utah
Our Nursing provider number is: California Nurse Provider #CEP13196
After completing this course the participant should be able to:
1. Identify symptoms of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome that require medical attention
2. Name three causes of anaphylaxis
3. Describe three physical symptoms of bronchitis.
4 List five contributing factors to carpal tunnel syndrome.
5. Describe the appearance of a chest x-ray taken on a person with congestive heart failure.
6. Differentiate between diabetes insipidus and diabetes mellitus.
7. Identify findings on a CT scan that would provide data for a diagnosis of epidural hematoma.
8. Describe three symptoms of hemothorax.
9. Describe the radiographic tests used to diagnose intussusception.
10. Describe two imaging tests and one physical sign to diagnose meningitis.
11. List and define five types of fractures.
12. Define the term pelvic inflammatory disease and explain it’s impact.
13. Identify three physical symptoms of pneumonia.
14. Describe the three stages of pulmonary edema.
15. List eight examples of altered thought processes in persons diagnosed with schizophrenia.
16. Identify three causes of tendonitis.
17. Describe three types of ventricular dysrhythmias.
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
Take your test online for free. Purchase your course and use the test key provided to take your test online. There is no extra charge for online testing and you will get immediate results. You can start and stop your test at anytime so you can work at your own pace. Your test key is found on your receipt, under the description of your purchase.
This test is a multiple choice, open book test and contains 120 questions.
This is a soft cover book and has 22 chapters and 1176 pages
When you order a complete course, you will receive a text book, question booklet and answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by mail in 3-5 business days.
When you order a test only for mailing, you will receive a test booklet and an answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by Fedex within the timeframe for the shipping option you chose. Please note that if you order the test only option you will NOT receive a course book.
When you order an Ebook, you will log in to your account profile and download the Ebook, test booklet and answer sheet. For further instruction, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to choose the download test option, you will log in to your account profile and download the test booklet and answer sheet. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you plan to take the test online, please be sure you have the course book, as the online testing option does not include the course book. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to have this test faxed to you, please be sure that you have the textbook and question booklet. You will receive your test the same day.
If you have any questions, please call our customer service department at 877-775-4243.