A concise yet comprehensive guide to trauma evaluation and management covering the full scope of injuries
Featuring a succinct outline approach, numerous illustrations, and a presentation of concepts devoid of institutional bias, Emergent Management of Trauma will prove to be indispensable for all trauma care practitioners, including attending and resident physicians, medical students, midlevel providers, nurses, and paramedics.
Covering the essential points of diagnosis, management, and disposition of the trauma patient, Emergent Management of Trauma is divided into six sections:
- Resuscitation Concepts: covers prehospital issues, hospital organization, patient evaluation, and "ABC" interventions
- Anatomic Areas of Injury: includes important management algorithms and covers major traumatic injuries literally from top to bottom
- Extremity Trauma: oriented from hand to shoulder and then from hip to foot
- Special Groups: focuses on trauma in children, pregnancy, and the elderly
- Environmental Issues: covers temperature extremes as well as weapons of mass destruction
- Useful Resources: offers procedure instructions, radiograph interpretation pearls, and a pertinent drug formulary
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
No matter which type of course you purchase, (complete course, download test, fax or online) you can take your test through our on-line testing site.
If you order any of the "Test Only" options, it DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BOOK.
22 ASRT Category A+ Credits
California Accepted: No
California X-ray Supervisor/Operator: No
Texas: Indirect Credit
Florida: Technical Credit
Florida Provider #3200618
Accepted by NMTCB
Registered Nurse: Approved for 22 Contact Hours
All of our courses are accepted by the State Nursing Boards, except for the following states:
Delaware, Georgia, Minnesota and Utah
Our Nursing provider number is: California Nurse Provider #CEP13196
On completion of this course the participant should be able to:
1. List the “ABCs” of stabilizing the patient before transport.
2. Name the general principles under which a patient can refuse treatment.
3. List the clinical signs of esophageal injuries.
4. Define the term “FAST” examination used to diagnose abdominal injuries.
5. Name the 5 Nunn Classifications to diagnose renal injuries.
6. Name the most common distal fracture of the forearm.
7. Describe the grading system for knee strain.
8. Define the Ottawa Foot Rule.
9. Define the “Rule of Nines” used to classify burn size.
10. Name three types of ionizing radiation.
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
Take your test online for free. Purchase your course and use the test key provided to take your test online. There is no extra charge for online testing and you will get immediate results. You can start and stop your test at anytime so you can work at your own pace. Your test key is found on your receipt, under the description of your purchase.
This test is a multiple choice, open book test and contains 120 questions.
This is a soft cover book and has 45 chapters and 561 pages.
When you order a complete course, you will receive a text book, question booklet and answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by mail in 3-5 business days.
When you order a test only for mailing, you will receive a test booklet and an answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by mail in 3-5 business days.
If you would like to choose the download test option, you will log in to your account profile and download the test booklet and answer sheet.
If you plan to take the test online, please be sure you have the course book, as the online testing option does not include the course book.
If you would like to have this test faxed to you, please be sure that you have the textbook and question booklet. You will receive your test the same day.
With a passing grade of 75%, your certificate will usually be mailed the next business day. If you fax your answer sheet, your certificate is usually faxed to you the same day. If you do not pass the first time, we will send you another answer sheet at no cost for you to try again. You will have three chances to pass, at no additional cost to you. However, it is very rare for someone to fail a test.
If you have any questions, please call our customer service department at 877-775-4243