This balanced examination of ethical and legal principles and issues provides vital information for radiography, ultrasound, nuclear medicine, and radiation professionals. By discussing the foundations of ethics for technologists, then entering into a discussion of applicable law, Ethical and Legal Issues for Imaging Professionals, 2nd Edition provides an approach that leads to a more successful style of personal risk management. With each chapter divided into two sections of ethical issues and legal issues, the content is easy to read and understand. Plus, learning activities and current event discussions help the readers learn and remember information so they can use it in real life.
• Imaging Scenarios spark classroom discussion and encourage students to apply what they have learned and develop critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Review Questions at the end of each chapter allow students to test their retention of chapter content.
• Critical Thinking Questions and Activities helps students examine their personal responses to various situations and encourages them to expand on their knowledge of policies and procedures.
• Professional Profiles present a brief glimpse into how ethics and law impact the daily lives of professional imaging technologists.
• Margin Definitions and Glossary provide an easily accessible resource to understanding terminology.
• Learning Objectives and Chapter Outline focus the student on the most important content.
• Discussion of limited radiographers, health care literacy, HIPAA, employee rights, whistle blowing, and relevant new technologies include the most current information available to keep readers up-to-date on topics in their field.
• More relevant and up-to-date case studies keep readers current on situations they may face in the field.
• Expanded content on the history of ethics gives users a better understanding of ethics.
• Updated legal terminology provides the most current information on the ever-changing world of law.
• Bulleted key point summaries highlight important information from each chapter for easy review.
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
No matter which type of course you purchase, (complete course, download test, fax or online) you can take your test through our on-line testing site.
If you order any of the "Test Only" options, it DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BOOK.
19.5 ASRT Category A Credits
California Accepted (CRT, XT, RTF): Yes
California X-ray Supervisor/Operator: Yes
California fluoroscopy permit requirement accepted: No
California Digital requirement accepted: No
California Chiropractor: Yes
Texas: Indirect Credit
Florida: Personal Development Credit
Florida Provider #3200618
Accepted by NMTCBAccepted by ARDMSAccepted by CRA for 19.5 continuing Education credits in Operations Management, Human Resource Management and Communication and Information Management.
Registered Nurse: Approved for 19.5 Contact Hours
All of our courses are accepted by the State Nursing Boards, except for the following states:
Delaware, Georgia, Minnesota and Utah
Our Nursing provider number is: California Nurse Provider #CEP13196
This course contains the following topics:
Ethical and Legal Foundations
Principles of Beneficence and Nonmaleficence
Caring and Communication
Patient Autonomy and Informed Consent
Truthfulness and Confidentiality
Death and Dying
Health Care Distribution
Student and Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Overview of New Technology and Future Challenges
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
Take your test online for free. Purchase your course and use the test key provided to take your test online. There is no extra charge for online testing and you will get immediate results. You can start and stop your test at anytime so you can work at your own pace. Your test key is found on your receipt, under the description of your purchase.
This test is a multiple choice, open book test and contains 120 questions.
This is a soft cover book and has 10 chapters and 243 pages.
When you order a complete course, you will receive a text book, question booklet and answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by mail in 3-5 business days.
When you order a test only for mailing, you will receive a test booklet and an answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by Fedex within the timeframe for the shipping option you chose. Please note that if you order the test only option you will NOT receive a course book.
When you order an Ebook, you will log in to your account profile and download the Ebook, test booklet and answer sheet. For further instruction, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to choose the download test option, you will log in to your account profile and download the test booklet and answer sheet. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you plan to take the test online, please be sure you have the course book, as the online testing option does not include the course book. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to have this test faxed to you, please be sure that you have the textbook and question booklet. You will receive your test the same day.
If you have any questions, please call our customer service department at 877-775-4243.