47 ASRT Category A+ Credits
California Accepted: No
California X-ray Supervisor/Operator: No
Texas: Inirect Credit
Florida: Technical Credit
Florida Provider #3200618
Accepted by NMTCBAccepted by ARDMS
Registered Nurse: Approved for 47.0 Contact Hours
All of our courses are accepted by the State Nursing Boards, except for the following states:
Delaware, Georgia, Minnesota and Utah
Our Nursing provider number is: California Nurse Provider #CEP13196
No other resource makes clinical infectious diseases more manageable and easy to master than Infectious Diseases: A Clinical Short Course. This one-of-a-kind self-instruction tool is organized by system/region as opposed to pathogens -- simulating how common pathogens and disorders would be encountered in rounds or in practice. For this reason, this remarkable resource is unsurpassed for learning how to associate pathogens with their corresponding impact on actual patients.
- A true, concise “short course” format that can be read and understood in the span of a 30-day infectious disease rotation
- Numerous case examples -- appropriate for PBL and integrated curricula -- to further highlight clinical application of the content
- Key points summaries and Guiding Questions that drive home core concepts and aid comprehension
- 24 eye-catching color plates that depict major pathogens and reinforce the impact of clinical infection
- NEW! An even more concise and streamlined format designed to help you learn the most in the least amount of time
This course contains the following topics:
- Describe three mechanisms by which bacteria transfer antibiotic resistant genes.
- Identify five common clinical finding indicative of sepsis.
- Describe three imaging studies which should be utilized when evaluating a patient with FUO (Fever of Unknown origin).
- Name five typical chest x-ray patterns seen in pneumonia.
- Compare and contrast the use of computed tomography scan and routine sinus radiographs in the diagnosis of sinusitis.
- Identify two imaging studies utilized in the diagnosis of brain abscess.
- Describe three causes of infective endocarditis.
- Differentiate between acute and chronic Hepatitis B.
- Identify four common pathogens that cause osteomyelitis.
- Describe the pathogenesis of Lyme disease.
- Describe two modes of transmission for Anthrax.
- Identify the three main groups of classification of the immunocompromised host.
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
Purchase your course and use the test key provided to take your test online. There is no extra charge for online testing and you will get immediate results. You can start and stop your test at any time so you can work at your own pace. Your test key is found on your receipt, under the description of your purchase.
This test is a multiple choice, open book test and contains 120 questions.
This is a soft cover book and has 17 chapters and 433 pages.
When you order a complete course, you will receive a text book, question booklet and answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by mail in 3-5 business days.
When you order a test only for mailing, you will receive a test booklet and an answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by Fedex within the timeframe for the shipping option you chose. Please note that if you order the test only option you will NOT receive a course book.
When you order an Ebook, you will log in to your account profile and download the Ebook, test booklet and answer sheet. For further instruction, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to choose the download test option, you will log in to your account profile and download the test booklet and answer sheet. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you plan to take the test online, please be sure you have the course book, as the online testing option does not include the course book. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to have this test faxed to you, please be sure that you have the textbook and question booklet. You will receive your test the same day.
If you have any questions, please call our customer service department at 877-775-4243.