Written by a multidisciplinary team of internationally recognized authors, this book delivers an in-depth and practical overview of peripheral arterial disease. It covers all major extracardiac arterial systems and serves as a point-of-care reference for the vascular surgeon, radiologist, vascular internist, and cardiologist. Peripheral Arterial Disease offers essential insights on clinical presentation, diagnostic tests, and various treatment options, including medical, surgical, and endovascular modalities.
- Expert coverage of anatomy, epidemiology, risk factors, pathophysiology, and more
- Focus on both common and rare disease states in all peripheral circulations
- Section on diagnostic imaging modalities, including agiography, IVUS, MRI, and ultrasound
- More than 500 color figures, tables, and charts
- Author team represents a wide range of specialties
- Important chapters on vasculitis, intracranial disease, carotid artery disease, the ascending thoracic aorta, and lower extremity peripheral arterial disease -all of which reflect the book's expansive scope
- Review of fundamental topics such as clinical assessment of endothelial function, blood pressure regulation, taking patient history, and the physical exam
54.75 ASRT Category A Credits
Radiologist Assistant: No (for more information about A and A+ credits, Click Here)
California Accepted (CRT, XT, RTF): No
California X-ray Supervisor/Operator: NoCalifornia Chiropractor: No
California fluoroscopy permit requirement accepted: No
California Digital requirement accepted: No
Texas: Direct Credit
Florida: Technical Credit
Florida Provider #3200618
Accepted by NMTCBRegistered Nurse: Approved for 54.75 Contact Hours
All of our courses are accepted by the State Nursing Boards, except for the following states:
Delaware, Georgia, Minnesota and Utah
Our Nursing provider number is: California Nurse Provider #CEP13196
On completion of this course the participant should be able to:
1. Name the three layers of the aortic wall.
2. Describe three major groups of diseases of upper extremity arteries.
3. List the seven branches of the descending thoracic aorta.
4. Name at least four imaging modalities used to diagnose thoracic aortic aneurysm.
5. List at least four risk factors for acute mesenteric ischemia.
6. Name three standard therapies used to control risk factors associated with LEPAD (Lower Extremity Peripheral Arterial Disease).
7. List five drugs used to treat intermittent claudication.
8. Name the four Fontaine classifications for lower extremity arterial occlusive disease.
9. Describe the three Rutherford classifications of acute limb ischemia.
10. List five risk factors for infantile hemangiomas.
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
Purchase your course and use the test key provided to take your test online. There is no extra charge for online testing and you will get immediate results. You can start and stop your test at anytime so you can work at your own pace. Your test key is found on your receipt, under the description of your purchase.
This test is a multiple choice, open book test and contains 120 questions.
The course has a hard cover book Part 2 contains chapters 27 through 53.
When you order a complete course, you will receive a text book, question booklet and answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order my mail in 3-5 business days.
When you order a test only for mailing, you will receive a test booklet and an answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order my mail in 3-5 business days.
If you would like to choose the download test option, you will log in to your account profile and download the test booklet and answer sheet.
If you plan to take the test online, please be sure you have the course book, as the online testing option does not include the course book.
If you would like to have this test faxed to you, please be sure that you have the textbook and question booklet. You will receive your test the same day.
With a passing grade of 75%, your certificate will usually be mailed the next business day.