An innovative, organ-specific text that blends basic science with the fundamentals of clinical medicine
Part of the Human Organ Systems series, Respiratory: An Integrated Approach to Disease skillfully bridges the gap between the science and practice of medicine. This beautifully illustrated book seamlessly integrates the core elements of cell biology, anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and pathology with clinical medicine. It is the perfect companion for medical students transitioning to their clinical years, as well as for practicing physicians who need a user-friendly update on the basic science underlying the practice of clinical medicine.
Features and highlights include:
- Detailed learning objectives clearly state learning goals
- Key concepts are emphasized in every chapter
- The latest developments in the field are incorporated throughout the text
- Numerous high-quality illustrations with detailed legends clarify important or difficult concepts
- Clinical Correlations highlight the clinical implications of basic science
- Each chapter is accompanied by an annotated bibliography to enhance the learning experience and provide an overview of the critical literature in the field
- End-of-chapter case-based questions with detailed explanations reinforce important concepts and assess understanding of the material
- A valuable Glossary of common phrases, terms, abbreviations, and acronyms
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
No matter which type of course you purchase, (complete course, download test, fax or online) you can take your test through our on-line testing site.
If you order any of the "Test Only" options, it DOES NOT INCLUDED THE BOOK.
47.5 ASRT Category A+ Credits
California Accepted: No
California X-ray Supervisor/Operator:No
Texas: Indirect Credit
Florida: Technical Credit
Florida Provider #3200618
Accepted by NMTCBAccepted by ARDMS
Registered Nurse: Approved for 47.5 Contact Hours
All of our courses are accepted by the State Nursing Boards, except for the following states:
Delaware, Georgia, Minnesota and Utah
Our Nursing provider number is: California Nurse Provider #CEP13196
This course contains the following topics:
1. Name the principal sections of the respiratory tract
2. List the 4 key elements of a chest exam
3. Name 5 types of obstructive pulmonary diseases
4. Describe and define 2 types of atelectasis
5. Identify and describe the 6 basic patterns of lung disease visualized by X-rays.
6. Identify 3 imaging tests used to diagnose acute and chronic pulmonary embolism
7. List the 3 most common symptoms of lung cancer
8. Name 4 types of pneumonia syndromes
9. List 3 types of drugs used to treat pneumonia
10. Describe 2 general symptoms of neonatal cystic fibrosis
11. List 3 risk factors for neonatal respiratory distress syndrome
12. Name 3 common viral strains that infect the lower respiratory system in infants and children
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
Purchase your course and use the test key provided to take your test online. There is no extra charge for online testing and you will get immediate results. You can start and stop your test at any time so you can work at your own pace. Your test key is found on your receipt, under the description of your purchase.
This test is a multiple choice, open book test and contains 120 questions.
This is a soft cover book and has 40 chapters and 405 pages.
When you order a complete course, you will receive a text book, question booklet and answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by mail in 3-5 business days.
When you order a test only for mailing, you will receive a test booklet and an answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by Fedex within the timeframe for the shipping option you chose. Please note that if you order the test only option you will NOT receive a course book.
When you order an Ebook, you will log in to your account profile and download the Ebook, test booklet and answer sheet. For further instruction, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to choose the download test option, you will log in to your account profile and download the test booklet and answer sheet. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you plan to take the test online, please be sure you have the course book, as the online testing option does not include the course book. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to have this test faxed to you, please be sure that you have the textbook and question booklet. You will receive your test the same day.
If you have any questions, please call our customer service department at 877-775-4243.