Order this combination pack and meet all requirements for Vascular Sonography Structured Education
Critical Care Ultrasonography:
Critical Care Ultrasonography is a complete, hands-on guide to successful image acquisition and interpretation at the bedside. It delivers an all-inclusive, yet concise review of the optimal use and interpretation of ultrasonographic images in everyday practice. With this how-to guide, you'll learn how to systematically apply diagnostic ultrasound as part of an augmented physical examination in an array of therapeutic areas, from emergency medicine to the inpatient ward and intensive care unit.
The book begins with a high-yield overview of the basic principles and physics of ultrasound, while subsequent chapters cover its use in evaluating the organs of the head and neck; the chest, abdomen, and pelvis; and the limbs and musculoskeletal system. A final section considers the use and application of ultrasound to improve the safety and performance of common, invasive procedures.
- A pioneering, top-to-bottom examination of all the major technical concepts that physicians must know to use ultrasound in everyday clinical practice
- Valuable coverage of clinical algorithms and how to incorporate them into the clinical decision-making process, the formulation of differential diagnosis, and therapeutic recommendations
- Includes online access to more than 180 videos that illustrate the ultrasonographic appearance of normal and abnormal anatomic structures and function
- Color illustrations that depict the use of color in ultrasound images
- An A-to-Z glossary of technical and clinical terms in ultrasonography
Introducing the first definitive training guide to point-of-care ultrasound
Whether you're a medical student or other health professional, this complete, one-stop tutorial takes you through everything you need to know about ultrasound scanners and their use across the full range of medical settings. Here, you'll get an incisive, step-by-step overview of the physical principles of ultrasound with detailed explanations of how each control works and why it's needed.
Point-of-Care Ultrasound Fundamentals is the one clinical resource that will take your familiarity with portable ultrasound to the next level. No other sourcebook goes further to help you master ultrasound tools and techniques--so you can maximize the quality of diagnostic information obtained during the examination while ensuring patient safety and observing ergonomically-sound scanning techniques.