Designed to assist clinicians in the diagnosis and therapy of patients with suspected viral encephalitis.
• Presents information according to the clinical and epidemiological information available at the time of presentation of the patients rather than according to principles of viral taxonomy.
• Emphasizes neuropathological descriptions and pathogenesis concepts, reflecting the authors’ belief that an understanding of pathogenesis facilitates the diagnostic process and is central to therapeutic intervention.
• Covers the full range of human encephalitis/encephalopathy, including HIV/AIDS, prion diseases, and smallpox.
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
No matter which type of course you purchase, (complete course, download test, fax or online) you can take your test through our on-line testing site.
If you order any of the "Test Only" options, it DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BOOK.
28.0 ASRT Category A+ Credits
California Accepted: No
California X-ray Supervisor/Operator: No
Texas: Indirect Credit
Florida: Technical Credit
Florida Provider #3200618
Accepted by NMTCB
Accepted by ARDMS
Registered Nurse: Approved for 28.0 Contact Hours
All of our courses are accepted by the State Nursing Boards, except for the following states:
Delaware, Georgia, Minnesota and Utah
Our Nursing provider number is: California Nurse Provider #CEP13196
This course contains the following topics:
1. Name 3 common features of viral encephalitis
2. List 2 types of tests used to provide supplementary diagnosis
3. Describe 3 clinical classifications of acute sporadic encephalitis
4. List 5 types of laboratory tests used to diagnose encephalitis
5. Name 6 motor responses to stimuli used for clinical evaluation
6. List 3 symptoms of CNS dysfunction
7. Describe the relationship between chicken pox and encephalitis
8. List 3 types of epidemic viral transmission
9. Name 3 families of arborviruses
10. List the top reason for the resurgence of PML (progressive multifocal Leukoencephalopathy)
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
Purchase your course and use the test key provided to take your test online. There is no extra charge for online testing and you will get immediate results. You can start and stop your test at any time so you can work at your own pace. Your test key is found on your receipt, under the description of your purchase.
This test is a multiple choice, open book test and contains 120 questions.
This is a soft cover book and has 15 chapters and 266 pages.
When you order a complete course, you will receive a text book, question booklet and answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by mail in 3-5 business days.
When you order a test only for mailing, you will receive a test booklet and an answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by Fedex within the timeframe for the shipping option you chose. Please note that if you order the test only option you will NOT receive a course book.
When you order an Ebook, you will log in to your account profile and download the Ebook, test booklet and answer sheet. For further instruction, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to choose the download test option, you will log in to your account profile and download the test booklet and answer sheet. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you plan to take the test online, please be sure you have the course book, as the online testing option does not include the course book. For further information, please view our instructional video.
If you would like to have this test faxed to you, please be sure that you have the textbook and question booklet. You will receive your test the same day.
If you have any questions, please call our customer service department at 877-775-4243.