If you would like 24.5 credits from this course, please choose our combination pack by clicking here
Presented in full color and written by a world-renowned author team, this all-in-one guide covers every key aspect of disorders affecting the venous and lymphatic systems. Venous and Lymphatic Diseases opens with fundamental topics, including anatomy and physiology, which provide a solid foundation for such important clinical considerations as the physical examination and appropriate diagnostic imaging modalities, specific disease states, and treatment protocols. You'll also find incisive overviews of conditions commonly encountered in clinical practice, which are conveniently presented by body system.
Supported by numerous references and color illustrations throughout, Venous and Lymphatic Diseases expertly reviews the latest advances in the field and takes you through new and emerging treatment options, including pharmacologic therapies.
- All inclusive coverage of everything from common disorders, such as varicose veins, to unusual and rare entities, including trauma and congenital abnormalities
- Up-to-date information on function and dysfunction, plus proven strategies that facilitate accurate diagnosis and successful therapeutic outcomes
- An important, timely section on systemic diseases that includes coverage of tumors, malignancy, and venous hypertension resulting from chronic heart failure
- A concluding section offers a practical overview of lymphatics, the clinical approach to the patient with edema, and wound care
- More than 400 superb, full-color images, including clear, precise illustrations, photographs, and radiographs--as well as numerous tables and figures--in every chapter, reinforcing the text's authoritative content
- Excellent pedagogy, including reader-friendly chapter introductions, chapter-ending summaries, and full references to facilitate understanding and review
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
No matter which type of course you purchase, (complete course, download test, fax or online) you can take your test through our on-line testing site.
If you order any of the "Test Only" options, it DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BOOK.
20.5 ASRT Category A+ Credits
California Accepted: No
California X-ray Supervisor/Operator: No
Texas: Indirect Credit
Florida: Technical Credit
Florida Provider #3200618
Accepted by NMTCB
Registered Nurse: Approved for 20.5 Contact Hours
All of our courses are accepted by the State Nursing Boards, except for the following states:
Delaware, Georgia, Minnesota and Utah
Our Nursing provider number is: California Nurse Provider #CEP13196
On completion of this course the participant should be able to:
- List the tributaries of the inferior and superior vena cava.
- Define Virchow’s triad and discuss its relationship to thrombus
- Explain the risks and benefits of anticoagulant therapy
- List three abnormalities of the A wave in jugular venous pulsations.
- Name six components of a venous duplex study.
- List the advantages of using MRI in the diagnosis of venous diseases.
- Name three techniques used to determine the appropriate delay to maximize contrast opacification when performing a CT scan.
- Explain the limitation of phase-contrast MR venography for diagnosing cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST).
- List at least eight common causes of pulmonary embolism.
- Name three atrial arrhythmias origination from the pulmonary veins.
ALL TESTS CAN BE TAKEN ONLINE
This is Part 1 of a 2 part course. You will be tested on the first 22 chapters. When it's time for more credits, save money by saving this book and ordering the test only for Part 2.
Take your test online for free. Purchase your course and use the test key provided to take your test online. There is no extra charge for online testing and you will get immediate results. You can start and stop your test at anytime so you can work at your own pace. Your test key is found on your receipt, under the description of your purchase.
This test is a multiple choice, open book test and contains 120 questions.
This is a hard cover book and has 44 chapters and 647 pages.
When you order a complete course, you will receive a text book, question booklet and answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by mail in 3-5 business days.
When you order a test only for mailing, you will receive a test booklet and an answer sheet. Your order will ship within 24 hours of receipt of order and you should receive your order by mail in 3-5 business days.
If you would like to choose the download test option, you will log in to your account profile and download the test booklet and answer sheet.
If you plan to take the test online, please be sure you have the course book, as the online testing option does not include the course book.
If you would like to have this test faxed to you, please be sure that you have the textbook and question booklet. You will receive your test the same day.
With a passing grade of 75%, your certificate will usually be mailed the next business day. If you fax your answer sheet, your certificate is usually faxed to you the same day. If you do not pass the first time, we will send you another answer sheet at no cost for you to try again. You will have three chances to pass, at no additional cost to you. However, it is very rare for someone to fail a test.
If you have any questions, please call our customer service department at 877-775-4243